|Birth name||Antonio Carlos Liberalli Bellotto|
|Born||June 30, 1960|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, songwriter, writer|
|Instruments||Guitar, acoustic guitar|
|Associated acts||Trio Mamão
Antonio Carlos Liberalli Bellotto (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈtonɪ beˈlotʊ]; born June 30, 1960) is a Brazilian musician and writer, best known as the lead guitarist of Brazilian rock band Titãs. He has also written and released several books.
Bellotto spent his childhood in the city of Assis, São Paulo. He decided to be a rock guitarist when he was a child. After hearing Jimi Hendrix albums, he composed his first songs on the guitar, while he explored other notable guitarists, like Keith Richards, Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton.
When he was 14 years old, he was given his first guitar. Although very interested in Jovem Guarda and Yellow Submarine from The Beatles, Bellotto only entered deeply in the rock music one year later, on a trip to the United States. When he returned to Brazil, he started living in the city of Assis, São Paulo. In his baggage, he brought albums from Muddy Waters and Robert Johnson. These influences, together with Caetano Veloso, João Gilberto and Luiz Melodia, some of his idols, contributed for his wide knowledge of music.
With his guitar, he toured colleges and bars singing and playing, with his own compositions, and opening shows of well known MPB names, like Jorge Mautner. With the help of Carlos Barmack, he got to know Branco Mello and Marcelo Fromer. The three formed the group Trio Mamão. At that time, Bellotto attempted to enter an architecture course at a college in Santos, but he quit it to dedicate his life only to music and writing. In 1982, little before the first performances with Titãs do Iê-Iê, his first daughter, Nina, was born to him and his wife Ana Paula Silveira.
And as for the books, in 1994, during one of the breaks of the band, Bellotto wrote and released for the publishing company Cia. Das Letras his book Bellini e a Esfinge (Bellini and the Sphinx), the story of a detective who lives in the suburbs of São Paulo. Two years later, Bellini reappeared in the second book, Bellini e o Demônio (Bellini and the Devil). In 2001, he released two more books: "BR 163 – Duas História na Estrada" (BR 163 – Two Stories on The Road) and "O Livro do Guitarrista" (The Book of The Guitarist), with clues, discographies and curiosities of the history of the rock. In 2002, the first adventure of Bellini was adapted for the movies, starring Fábio Assunção as the main character. In 2008, the second book was also adapted with Assunção reprising his role. On the television, he began to appear in 1999, on the TV Futura, on the program Afinando a Língua (Tuning the language), an informal electronic class of Portuguese language. On August 2014, he released the fourth book of his Bellini series: Bellini e o Labirinto (Bellini and the labyrinth).
|Dulce Quental||Délica (1986)||"Diferentes"||Guitar|
|Theo Werneck||Leite Materno (1990)||"Todos"||Rhythm Guitar|
|Roberto Carlos||Acústico (2001)||"É Preciso Saber Viver"||Acoustic guitar|
Bibliography as a writer
- Bellini e a Esfinge (1995), Companhia das Letras
- Bellini e o Demônio (1997), Companhia das Letras
- BR 163 - Duas Histórias na Estrada (2001), Companhia das Letras
- O Livro do Guitarrista (2001), Companhia das Letras
- Bellini e os Espíritos (2005), Companhia das Letras
- Os Insones (2007), Companhia das Letras
- Bellini e o Labirinto (2014), Companhia das Letras
- Essinger, Silvio (29 August 2014). "Tony Bellotto traz de volta Remo Bellini, seu personagem mais famoso". O Globo (in Portuguese). Rio de Janeiro: Grupo Globo. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Cenas Urbanas at Veja's website
- Lichote, Leonardo (14 June 2013). "Novos colunistas do GLOBO, Adriana Calcanhotto e Tony Bellotto, escreverão aos domingos no Segundo Caderno". O Globo (in Portuguese). Rio de Janeiro: Grupo Globo. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Branco Mello fala sobre heroína em entrevista à 'Playboy': 'Experimentei'" (in Portuguese). O Globo. 5 February 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- Tonny Bellotto fala sobre Malu Mader, drogas e Titãs
- Bellotto, Tony (30 July 2009). "Impasses de um ateu". Veja (in Portuguese). Grupo Abril. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Bellotto, Tony (22 September 2011). "Meu pai e o Rock in Rio". Veja (in Portuguese). Grupo Abril. Retrieved 27 May 2013.