Talk:List of Wikipedia mobile applications
|WikiProject Apps||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Wikipedia||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 26 April 2014 (UTC). The result of the discussion was Rename.|
- Strategy Planning mentions this matter briefly but it doesn't seem a main focus. Jim.henderson (talk) 01:41, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- Is there a place for feedback on the app? I think the way it displays pictures is awkward. AgnosticAphid talk 18:00, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
- There is a bug in the WikipediaMobile application (Ver 3.3.1) for the iphone. The Settings->Contact page refers the user to WikipediaMobile page that did not exist (I created the page in the interim). The Wikipedia Application Settings->Contact should refer to the Wikipedia_App page and not WikipediaMobile. Please merge any information from that page when the correction is made.Drankinatty (talk) 20:25, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
The article fails to mention whether the app does all communication via TLS. Hopefully yes, but the article should say. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:55, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
offline Wikipedia readers
Is there an article that discusses offline Wikipedia readers?
I see a few offline Wikipedia readers mentioned in this "list of Wikipedia mobile applications" article, and a few others mentioned at Wikipedia: Database download. --DavidCary (talk) 14:49, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia for BlackBerry is down for me
So https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/105171/ seems to be the official Wikipedia app for BalckBerry. However I'm getting this error:
- Unknown item
- The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC)
Please check it.
Windows Phone application
Hi people, the official windows phone application redirects to a windows phone store app where the author is not "Wikimedia Foundation" like in the windows 8 app... Are you sure that's the "real official" application? Greetings — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:20, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
official Windows Application isn't mobile
Hi Wikipedians, where can I ask for making an official Windows Phone App? I found Wikipedia-Sites where I can wish an article about some topic, but no site of the makers of the official Windows App.
- Hmm, two years ago I was running the mobile Win app on my Dell XPS-10 tablet but I gave away that machine and maybe the app has been discontinued. Jim.henderson (talk) 01:17, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
I was reading this and noticed it says iOS "also has read-only" or some such confusing language. Help:Mobile access (WP:IPHONE) says that the iPhone version allows editing. Not having an iPhone I won't be examining this myself, so I'd appreciate if someone could check and then edit the article appropriately. Wnt (talk) 00:34, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on List of Wikipedia mobile applications. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121013124347/http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-app-reviews/wikinodes-for-ipad-making-wikipedia-fun-to-explore/ to http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-app-reviews/wikinodes-for-ipad-making-wikipedia-fun-to-explore
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130811200056/https://github.com/wikimedia/WikipediaMobile to https://github.com/wikimedia/WikipediaMobile
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.