|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Mid and West Wales|
The 2001 census showed Llanfarian as having a population of 1442, increasing to 1,541 at the 2011 census.
Llanfarian lies above the banks of the river Ystwyth in the Ystwyth Valley.
- Llanfarian has one primary school, Ysgol Llanfarian.
- Ysgol Ceilliau in the nearby village of Chancery, is referred to in a World War II children's evacuation account.
The following pictures are available on the council's website.
Llanfarian had a representative on Cardiganshire County Council from the formation of the authority in 1889. The first member was Morris Davies, a local farmer, who defeated Matthew Vaughan Davies of Tanybwlch by fifteen votes. Both stood as Conservative candidates. By the next election in 1892, Vaughan Davies had converted to the Liberal Party and captured the seat which he held for many years. In 1895, he was elected Member of Parliament for Cardiganshire.
The current county councilor is Alun Lloyd Jones of Plaid Cymru.
- Matthew Vaughan Davies of Tanybwlch, landowner and politician
- Peter Walter Davies MBE 
- Haydn Bradley-Davies
- A nobody
- "Community and electoral ward population 2011". Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-24. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2009-07-06.