This article does not cite any sources. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Llanegwad is built up mainly of small farms and detached homes. The community is bordered by the communities of: Llanfihangel Rhos-y-Corn; Llanfynydd; Llangathen; Llanarthney; Abergwili; and Llanllawddog, all being in Carmarthenshire.
Most of all homes located in Llanegwad are older Victorian properties, as well as a number of more modern homes. The area has few amenities any more.
The village has lost much of the services it once had, an example being Llanegwad School; formerly "Llanegwad National School" closing down in 1948. The area over the years has also lost its drinking establishments.
The village “Llanegwad Church" named for Saint Egwad, It is an historic church as it is the only remaining building on the site where several monasteries and religious cells once existed. The building was begun in the 10th-11th century with restored in the 19th century.
Holy Trinity Church was built in 1865 of local sandstone with a Gothic style bell tower, Stained glass windows, wooden barrel vault nave, decorated interior with 25 frescoes. Bucknall was the architect.
One of the more notable homes of Llanegwad is Ty Dderwen formerly Coffee House. The home of the Lewis family, the house received the name coffee when the church asked the Lewis family if they would be willing on a Sunday to serve Coffee in their front room for the ladies after church. The house later served as a tailoring firm led by the master tailor David Lewis. The house at the same time served as the village post office. The house continued to stay in the same family lived in by David Eric Hart a musician and composer until he sold the house in the 1970s. The house still exists today and is located next to Llanegwad church.
|This Carmarthenshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|