Bhawal Badre Alam Government College
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bhawal Badre Alam Government College, popularly known as Bhawal College, is situated beside Dhaka Tangail Highway, near Gazipur Chowrasta. It was established in 1967 and announced as a Government College in 1980. Mr. Badre Alm Sarkar was the founder of the College and Mr. K M Abdus Salam was the 1st principal.
The information about the college is as follows.
- Area: 20.36 acres (except playground)
- Architectural Details: BNCC-Rover Scout Building, Principal's Residence & 100 seated Girls' Hostel are situated at the east side of the Lake. Chemistry Department, Canteen & Mosque are on the west side of the lake. The entrance leads to the Three storied Administrative Building and Science Building. Those are situated at south of the lake. Between Administrative Building and Science Building, A five storied academic building is under construction.
There is a large playground in front of the administrative building.
- Honours (Bachelor): Bengali, English, Islamic history and culture, philosophy, civics, economics, sociology, accounting, management, physics, chemistry, mathematics, botany and zoology.
- Masters: Bengali, Islamic history and culture, civics, sociology, accounting, management, physics, chemistry, botany and zoology, political science
Number of teachers
87 (eighty seven)
- 5 professors
- 19 associate professors
- 24 assistant professors
- 39 lecturers
- 4 demonstrators (lab attendants)
Number of students
11,046 (Eleven thousands and forty six)
- Higher Secondary (A Level): 978
- Bachelor (honours): 6894
- Bachelor (pass): 2500
- Post-graduate: 674
- D.C. dol: 2007
- Rafsan Ahmed (Political Science) 3rd year.